My History with Fremont Schools
03 09, 07 22:27 Filed in: Bryan
I have been involved with Fremont school issues since 1992 and was a student in Fremont schools since 1979. Here are some of my accomplishments.
- Advisory Commission on Instructional Equity (2007 to present)
- Board of Education Trustee (2006)
- Financial Advisory Committee (2003 – 2006) – Served as Chairperson in 2005. Advised the district on $9 million in budget cuts in 2003. I worked to develop the district’s User Friendly Budget.
- FUSD Educational Facilities Financing Corporation (2004 – present) – As president of the board of directors, I signed the $18 million loan required to build the new MVROP facility at Kennedy High School. The loan is to be repaid from the sale of the Liaola site.
- Superintendent’s Technology Advisory Group (2005 – present) – A joint effort by staff and the community to establish a FUSD technology vision and technology advisory committee.
- School Services State Budget Workshop (May 2005) – As FAC chair I was invited to attend the May Revise workshop.
- Technology Task Force (2003-2004) – Member of this superintendent-created 6-month task force
- Citizen’s Facilities Committee (1998-99)
- Graduate of Fremont schools – Washington High School, 1992
- FUSD Student Board Member (1991-1992) – Served on the board during the 1991 Measure A bond and the approximately $5 million in budget cuts.